Monday, February 23, 2009

Cha-ching!

I made a bomb curry! It was still not as spicy as my old roomie's recipe, but I really enjoyed it. I am learning to improvise with ingredients. I did some more spices for the curries and other dishes, so I hope to branch out in my seasonings.

I also made a King Cake! Holla!! I'm so freakin' proud of my VEGAN king cake! I got the recipe from kitteekake ... I used a tablespoon of cinnamon apple sauce instead of ener-g egg replacer. I remember using that to make brownies my first year of college and they were nasty. That stuff tastes like chalk, so I remember reading on the post-punk kitchen forums about using applesauce. So let me just say, it is delicious. I could add more cinnamon in the future. I couldn't find sprinkles so I colored the frosting. I also used a bean for the baby, because I wasn't comfortable with baking a plastic baby inside of the cake.What I've got right now is awesome, but I could stand a little more sweetness. Without any further delay, here it is:

Photobucket


Also, I found a store that sells Tofutti near my new house. I bought the pizza and it was delicious. I think you should check it out if you're craving cheese pizza and don't want to eat dairy or cook. Lol.

Photobucket


I bought some Tofutti sliced "cheddar" so I can make grilled cheese at some point. I bought the Amy's mac and soy cheese, it was tasty but apparently it has a milk protein in it. Why?!

Ok... Now this week, I'm going to eat that scrumptious king cake, make red beans and rice, and enjoy some seitan (it's been a couple weeks since I last made it)...

Oh yeah, I watched the Oscars last night. I wanted to see Robert Pattinson. I missed his red carpet walk because my friend called me. I missed him presenting because my sister called me. Ugh. Thank God for YouTube, I watched all his red carpet interviews and his presenting today. What a hottie! Plus, he's a great musician. I rock out to his music when I'm stuck working at the lab bench for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment