Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm Finally 23!

Woot!

I got an iPhone stereo dock, 2 new iPhone cases, a Twilight pajamas set, a Twilight hoodie, and $200 worth of groceries from my mom. My best friend got me a cookie cake and a framed picture of Barack. We had lunch at Cheesecake Factory on Friday. I paid the price for eating dairy, I had an upset tummy for the day. We also went to the fair, where the new weird food was bacon with chocolate dipping sauce. I almost threw up. Literally. I was so grossed out.

I made that white bean and roasted garlic soup. It was yummy. I froze some because the recipe is huge! I will make some homemade bread to go with it next time. I put cayenne pepper powder and jalapenos in it for some kick, plus added in some rice.
Photobucket

My mom bought me some flour and other baking supplies. I got stuff to make oatmeal raisin cookies, which I can't wait to make. But I think this weekend I am going to try making a small king cake, since I won't be in Louisiana for Mardi Gras.

I also made some home fries. Cleaned and sliced up some fresh potatoes, then fried them in a skillet of canola oil. Yum! Jenn's mom made us some for our little BBQ on Saturday. Jenn and her parents had Korean style ribs and steaks, but I just had a vegan burger. The fries were awesome because her mom seasoned them when they were still hot. I don't eat fried food that often, so it was a nice treat.

Let's see... Other than that, I've been tinkering online designing shoes today. I wanted a pair of awesome 80s-esque DC's but my mom wouldn't buy them for me. She said they were ugly. She is not a fan of neon multicolored shoes apparently. But when I looked them up online, they were made of leather. :( I found another neon pair that just says durable upper, instead of leather upper. So I can check that out in a store. But I went on the Nike ID site and the Converse site to start designing some shoes of my own. That way I can use non-leather materials. Gotta save up some money for that, but when I have extra money that would be sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment