Sunday, February 1, 2009

Something New Saturdays

I've decided to spend my Saturdays doing something new. I went to the farmers' market to get some veggies and I got some organic flours at the grocery store. I made homemade wheat bread! I used the bread machine to mix it and knead it. I should have let it rise more but I was hungry.... It still came out pretty good, but my camera batteries are dead. :( No photo to record this event, but maybe later I can get some batteries.

I also tried to make vegan goldfish crackers from the schmooed food blog, but some of them burnt and those that weren't burnt I thought were icky tasting. I thought it would be a good way to test out nutritional yeast, but I think I'll go without goldfish than eat those again. :/

It's Girl Scout cookie season! Yum! Not vegan, but delicious. My favorite cookies taste different this year for whatever reason.

I got a great deal on dried beans, so I soaked them overnight last night. Today, I am making homemade chili. It has some tomato sauce, black beans, red beans, kidney beans, and white beans. Plus I added in some chili seasoning. Should be good with some rice tonight. Can't wait to see what it tastes like!

No comments:

Post a Comment