Friday, January 14, 2011

Another Dinner

Last night, Jess volunteered to cook for our supper club. She went above and beyond by making fresh rolls.


Photobucket


We used the rolls as buns for sloppy joe lentils. So good!


Photobucket


Cristin commented that you don't even care that the sloppy joes contain lentils instead of ground beef. I mean, can you beat high protein, iron, and fiber content with essentially no fat?! Oh lentils, you are awesome. We had a group of 6 so she wisely doubled the recipe. Since Cristin was getting a hair cut, I volunteered to do side dishes. I made roasted red potatoes and blanched green beans. I felt really fancy blanching the green beans, but I now understand why people love to do that on cooking shows. The crunchiness and gorgeous green color of fresh beans was intact (as you can see in the bottom right corner of the photo). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment