Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cupcakes and a Cookbook Challenge!

I made the mint chocolate cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. Nom nom nom. For the chocolate ganache, I used Sunspire's Chocolate Dream semi-sweet chips. I originally went to the store looking for Tropical Source brand, but apparently Sunspire changed the name to Chocolate Dream. I knew these Chocolate Dream chips would be fine to use, because my aunt gave me one of their bars for Christmas and it was delicious. :)


Photobucket


In other cooking news, I found this PPK cookbook challenge while randomly browsing recipes. I have some ingredients in the fridge that I need to use up, so I've been looking for very specific recipes. The hunt always starts out focused, but then I let my curiosity get the best of me and I start clicking links from blog to blog. When I saw this cookbook challenge, I was pretty excited. I am not going to do 3 recipes from each book for each week, instead I'm going to just do 1 recipe. It's easier on me and ensures that I can mix and match items to avoid wasting food. I got lucky that Week 1 was Appetite for Reduction, so I technically am on track without even realizing it! (I made the spinach and roasted cauliflower lasagna.) This week is Veganomicon and next week is Urban Vegan. I do not own these books, but I was able to look at some recipes using the "look inside this book" feature after signing in on Amazon. I printed some recipes out, but I won't reveal them today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment