Monday, January 31, 2011

Political Unrest

Has anyone else been reading the news regarding the uprisings in Tunisia, Yemen, and now Egypt? There have been supporters in the street in Jordan and Qatar too. So many people taking action to stand up to abusive governments is truly inspiring. I really wish I could be there to experience it. I know that sounds crazy, but I've always wanted to be part of a revolution. It is empowering that people can stand up to their authoritarian governments and hopefully bring about positive change for the people in their country.

I've been reading the news (like I do every single day anyways) and even watching the news! I don't usually watch the news, because I prefer to read several versions of the same story from multiple sources. Here are some easy to read links, if you're interested:

Women of Egypt pictorial here
Video footage with music here
Internet shutdown in Egypt with other links here and here
Tunisian uprising here and here
Yemen uprising here
Protests spread to Northern Sudan here
Spreading uprisings in the Middle East here

No comments:

Post a Comment