Sunday, January 9, 2011

Very Short Entry

I have only bit my nails a couple times this week! Weeee! I have been chewing a lot of gum though. It's a trade-off for now. Hopefully one day I won't need to use gum as a distraction. :)

This week, I didn't get any food photos. Boo. I made baked falafel from ChowVegan. Instead of using hummus in the pita, I made a dip using white beans, roasted red peppers, and Tofutti cream cheese. I put some diced tomatoes, cucumber, and lettuce in the pita pocket. Tonight, I went to a friend's house and made tempeh meatloaves. Instead of the bourbon sauce, my friend made his mom's ketchup, brown sugar, and powdered mustard meatloaf sauce. He also cooked some kale with white beans, garlic, and some beer. Tasty. I should work more kale into my diet since it's a "super food." Our little dinner party was a success with 6 friends joining us. (No, this was NOT a date. Just friends.)

I bought Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World because it has a recipe for margarita cupcakes. Jess has been unsure of what to make me for my birthday dessert. I want margarita cupcakes! Nom nom nom. Plans will be fleshed out over the next several weeks, but it looks like drinks on the Friday or Saturday before my birthday and then lots of Mexican food on my birthday. Mexican food + margarita cupcakes = 25th birthday celebration. :)

Also, as a note, here are the Canadian dietary guidelines discussed on vegandad. I have to look at stuff like this periodically to remind myself about why it's worth taking the time to plan meals. I want to make sure I'm eating healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment