Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

It's Chinese New Year today! I had originally planned to have dinner with Cristin and Jess, but we decided to re-schedule for tomorrow. That is better for me, because I got to make an Asian-styled dish to celebrate the holiday. Since this week's cookbook for the challenge is VwaV, I chose to make the cold udon noodles with peanut sauce and seitan. I used this recipe for the seitan, since one is not provided. (There is one in the book, just not with this specific recipe.) This recipe called for black sesame seeds as an optional garnish, but I did not buy any when I was at the Asian market the other day. Such a dummy. I couldn't remember if I needed them for a recipe or was just looking at a recipe that called for them. This recipe had a ridiculous amount of veggies, literally overwhelming. It also made a ton of dishes, but that doesn't deter me! Please don't judge me for using a mixing bowl as a dinner bowl.


Photobucket


In other news, it is my turn to cook for supper club tomorrow. Since I just booked tickets to Louisiana for Mardi Gras, I am in the mood for Cajun-themed food. I am making red beans, jambalaya from Veganomicon, and King Cake. The cake is in the oven right now. Can't wait! Also, I ordered re-usable produce bags to quit using the plastic baggies at the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment