Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend of Work

I was downloading photos from my camera when I realized I had one on there that didn’t make its way to the blog yet. I made the one of VeganDad’s most popular recipes – seitan hot wings! I shaped my seitan into giant nuggets and stuck it on the skewers, instead of making them leaner like the original photo. I would not make the hot sauce again, instead opting for my favorite tangy BBQ sauce by Organicville.


Photobucket


I knew I had to work most of the weekend, so I prepared some dinner in the Crock-Pot. I've worked 14 hours this weekend, meaning I'm at a 55 hour work week. Yuck. Anyways, this was the first time I’ve used the Crock-Pot since buying it in December, so I was a little concerned it wouldn’t work or would cause a fire. Yeah, paranoid, but you never know with electrical things. I have been eyeing the potato and pea curry in The Vegetarian Slow Cooker since I bought the book because it is the cover photo. However, I added some coconut curry pre-marinated tempeh for protein. The tempeh was pre-marinated by Turtle Island Foods. I’m trying these pre-marinated tempehs to see if I like any of them. So far, I am not overly impressed with any of them. Tempeh is a bit bitter, so I can still detect the hint of bitterness in these pre-marinated tempehs.


Photobucket


Jess and I have been working out in the mornings at 6:30 AM! I'm slowly adjusting to the morning routine, but I'm still trying to figure out the right weights to use. Since I took a hiatus for the holiday season, I was unsure if I would have lost a lot of strength. Apparently not! :) Jess wants to track calorie intake this week, so I said I would give it a try. I'll be using MyPlate at LiveStrong.com. I am guessing that I eat an average of 2000 to 2500 calories per day, so it will be interesting to see what my totals and averages are at the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment