Friday, March 4, 2011

Truly Free Bakery - Baton Rouge, LA

I arrived this morning in Baton Rouge! Hooray! I made a list of vegan friendly places in all of the cities I'd be visiting. Today, I went to Truly Free Bakery for lunch. Besides the meats on the menu, almost everything is vegan. EVEN THE BAKED GOODS! Nom nom nom. They have tofu and tempeh too! They don't carry big name sodas, but instead offer Oogave (agave sweetened soda) and Zevia (stevia sweetened soda) for diet choices.


Quinoa bowl with tofu and homemade teriyaki sauce
Photobucket

Chili with chickpeas, black beans, and veggies
Photobucket

Whoopie pie!
Photobucket

Strawberry jam-filled eclair
Photobucket


I have a feeling I will be spending a good portion of my food budget on Truly Free items while I'm in Baton Rouge. The place opened almost two years ago, which means they opened just after I left. Darn!

No comments:

Post a Comment