Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lovin' Carbs!

That's how I feel when I eat pasta - in love with carbs. Love, love, love carbs. I honestly can't fathom living a low carb lifestyle! To get my carb fix, I decided to make Cajun beanballs and spaghetti from Appetite for Reduction. I excluded the scallions for topping the dish (because I completely overlooked that in the recipe, but it does seem weird to add green onions to pasta) and I added 1/2 cup finely diced shallots to the marinara while it was simmering. Because I had to work on the tempeh/bean balls, I turned the marinara down to simmer and tossed in the shallots. Very tasty overall and the balls held up quite well. I was afraid they'd completely fall apart, so I didn't toss them in the marinara. I tossed the marinara with the whole wheat penne and zucchini, then plated everything.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment