Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Miss & A Hit

The miss was this tempeh stir-fry. I steamed the tempeh for ~20 minutes, but it was still rather bitter. I tossed the tempeh in the sauce from the recipe and let it sit while I cooked the veggies and noodles. The bitterness of the tempeh is why this was a miss. I only ate about half of the tempeh, but thoroughly enjoyed the veggies and udon noodles. I buy the udon noodles at a local Asian market for $1 per package. I used a bag of frozen sugar snap pea stir-fry mix.


Photobucket


The success was baked falafel from Appetite for Reduction. I freakin' love falafel!! The downside to falafel is that it is usually fried, which would be very messy to do at home. I decided on baked falafel to keep the mess to a minimum. I wish that I had doubled this recipe because it was delicious! I served my falafel in a whole wheat pita with Sabra supremely spicy hummus, lettuce, and cucumber. I know I mentioned before (here) that Sabra had donated to a military unit with a history of human rights violations. I contacted Sabra and was told that Sabra has donated to the unit, but it does not appear from their email that it is an ongoing donation.


Photobucket


I started preparing my Easter dinner today. I'm really looking forward to it. It's not at all traditional, but I get to use a kitchen item that I received for Christmas. I want to go bicycling tomorrow, so I made two of the time-consuming components today.

No comments:

Post a Comment