Sunday, April 3, 2011

What A Weekend!

I spent part of Saturday afternoon on the beach with the girls. I got a little sun, but not a burn thankfully. We parted ways to shower and eat dinner. I made southwest quinoa burgers, steamed broccoli, and macaroni and cheese. This meal really hit the spot, but the best part was that the macaroni and cheese did not have added oils or margarine. The recipe calls for tahini and white beans instead!


Photobucket


We met up again in West Palm Beach. We started at Blue Martini in City Place and then headed to Roxy's (downstairs for basketball, upstairs for dancing!) on Clematis Street. What a fun night of dancing and getting to see the guys. I haven't seen some of the guys in weeks, so it was great to catch up with them. My friend, Keith, has lost ~60 lbs. He looks great! Another late night meant another lazy day. Today, we had brunch at Jess and Cristin's house and hung out by the pool all day. For the brunch, I brought whole wheat banana waffles, fresh fruit, and tempeh bacon. I haven't really liked the other marinated tempeh varieties, but I did really like these bacon-style strips. It was close enough in flavor that I think I would use it again.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment