Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Photo Heavy Weekend

This weekend was incredible. :)

On Saturday, I woke up early to ride with Cristin and Jess to a juice bar and farmers' market in Hollywood, FL.

Photobucket

Sadly, it wasn't open, so we consoled ourselves with a walk along the beach.

Photobucket

Then, we decided to check out the essentially abandoned mall along the boardwalk. Super creepy.

Photobucket

We drove up to Boca for trapeze lessons at Trapeze Experience using a coupon we bought on LivingSocial. The instructor has 30 years experience in the circus! During the warm-ups, he told me that I was athletic and in great shape. Thanks!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After our lesson, we stopped in Delray Beach for lunch at Vic and Angelo's. I ordered a panini with vegetables marinated in agro dolce (vinegar and sugar), but requested to have the gorgonzola cheese excluded.

Photobucket

On Sunday, we went to Carlin Park to celebrate my friend's birthday, as well as honor those who have served in the military. There were several members of the armed service in attendance, so it was a successful party. There was a lot of hype about early morning mimosa pong, but alas, they resorted to afternoon beer pong instead.

Photobucket

On Monday, I went to another BBQ at Carlin Park with some people from work.

Photobucket

Here is how I decided to do vegan BBQ this weekend - chick'n sandwiches (seitan cutlet recipe from American Vegan Kitchen) with BBQ sauce, red potatoes tossed in olive oil and Tony's, a Greek-style salad, black bean and corn summer salad (similar to this recipe), and oatmeal raisin cookies and brownies for dessert (not pictured). The best part of the second BBQ was all the laughter and being told that my vegan desserts made someone reconsider what he thought vegan food was. That made my day. :)

Photobucket


Side note: There is a contest on Vegan Heartland that I would love to win. (Contest here) It's for coupons and free goodies! I didn't win the last time, so maybe this time I will have better luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment