Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Indulgence

Friday night, we had our monthly student happy hour. We always have pizza and drinks. I order the food, so I make sure that I get my pizza with lots of veggies and no cheese. This pizza from Papa John's doesn't hold a candle to the delicious pizza from Pizza Fusion, but Pizza Fusion went out of business in this area. I like to pour the garlic sauce over the pizza to add some flavor, since it's just oil and chemical flavoring agents. (Yeah, that sounds terrible.) I enjoyed some lovely So Delicious coconut milk ice cream in mint chocolate chip later in the night at my house. This coconut milk ice cream is even available in some WalMarts, which is impressive considering it's a non-dairy dessert.


Photobucket

Photobucket


I decided to have an unconvential lunch on Saturday. I had some Van's frozen waffles in the freezer, but I didn't want the standard Earth Balance and pure maple syrup topping. I decided to use natural peanut butter and a banana for toppings instead. I felt like Elvis. :)


Photobucket


Today, I went to Valerie's Market in Jupiter. They had a coupon in a local magazine for 10% off your purchase and a coupon on their facebook page yesterday for a free reusable tote. I had a little free time today, so I went over there to check it out. I enjoyed a vegan carrot cake cupcake with cream cheese style frosting, but I forgot to take a photo with my iPhone before stuffing it in my mouth. It was awesome. I picked up a bunch of snacks for my desk at work, including a Glenny's brown rice marshmallow treat (would have been better with chocolate frosting - the way my mom always made rice crispies treats), Justin's dark chocolate peanut butter cups (so excited to try these!), Halo S'mores bar, Kaia Foods kale chips in sea salt & vinegar and chili lime, Bakery on Main's peanut butter chocoalte granola bars [edit: just saw these have honey in them so they aren't vegan!], and Sunspire Tropical Source chocolate chips (newer bags are called Chocolate Dream). I also grabbed some sesame seeds, because the ones I had went bad. They smelled funky and then I realized that they can expire because of their high oil content. Honestly, the prices were very reasonable and the clerk was super friendly. They use biodegradable bags, so if you forget your reusable bag you won't feel like an asshole who hates the planet.


Photobucket


Tonight, I made more lentil burgers! These are chipotle lentil burgers from Appetite for Reduction. I did not use canned lentils, because it doesn't take long to cook dried lentils. (Plus, I made a ton so I can freeze some for future use when I'm in a rush!) I would say that the recipe needs more bread crumbs though to hold the patties together. The nutritional information is for 1/8 of recipe, but the top of the page says it makes 6 burgers. I got 8 big burgers and one smaller burger out of this recipe. These were much easier to make than the other lentil burgers I made recently because the recipe said to chop everything up in the food processor. The patties were much easier to form with the lentils processed like this, so I'm a little surprised that I didn't think to do this last time.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment