Thursday, July 28, 2011

Indian Food!

I was flipping through my copy of Indian Vegan Kitchen trying to pick a recipe recently. The book doesn't have photos, which makes it extremely difficult to select a dish. I finally settled on aloo lobhia, a black-eyed pea and potato dish. For the black-eyed peas, I soaked them overnight and cooked them on high for ~6 hours in my little slow cooker. I used a can of diced tomatoes, as well as two potatoes. The recipe calls for one cup of each, but I wanted to make sure this would be enough food for two dinners. Plus, I need to use up some of my canned diced tomatoes; I have quite the surplus due to Publix's buy-one-get-one deals (can't resist those!). I served the dish with pre-made paratha bread that I bought at India Spice a long time ago.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment