Friday, September 9, 2011

Football Season!

Since I missed the opportunity to make something sports-friendly for dinner last week when LSU opened their season, I knew I wanted to make something special for last night's NFL game of the Saints v. the Packers. I decided to make "wings" - yes, I know lots of storebought wings exist, but I wanted something homemade. I made the chicken-style seitan from Quick & Easy Vegan Comfort Food to dredge in seasoned flour and fry up in a little canola oil. I covered my wings in the spicy buffalo sauce in the book. I served my "wings" with baked beans (defrosted from before), mixed veggies, and sweet potato fries. The sauce was pretty good, but not the best wings sauce I've ever had. I was so bummed that the Saints didn't win, but it was a great game!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment