Monday, September 5, 2011

Holiday Weekend

As summer winds down, I celebrated the weekend at a BBQ with friends. I brought Gardein burgers, which were freakishly meaty, and chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. Both items were so tasty. The hostess had homemade pickles to top off the burgers!!


Photobucket


Tonight, I made pesto. I've never made pesto before, but I like basil. It seemed like a nice summertime item. The recipe is from Vegan Planet. I tossed the pesto with some rigatoni and frozen chick'n strips. I had a coupon for Morningstar Farms products, so I bought the chick'n and the ribs to keep for quick meals. I totally didn't think to plan ahead and make seitan cutlets from American Vegan Kitchen, which are my usual go-to for chick'n cutlets.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment