Friday, October 7, 2011

Back from LA!

I'm back from LA, so it's time to start blogging for MoFo! I have a ton of photos from the trip, so I can't wait to share them. I just don't have the energy today to upload, crop, and resize them so they're ready for posting. I had problems getting internet while I was out of town, hence the lack of posting. The rules of MoFo state that there must be 20 posts during the month, which is still do-able!


Photobucket


We landed in LA on Saturday and went to the tourist-y Hollywood Blvd during the day. We went to Manhattan Beach for dinner that night.

Photobucket


On Sunday, we had lunch in Santa Monica and headed up to Lake Arrowhead.

Photobucket


I gave my talk on Tuesday, then we returned to LA. Whereas everyone else flew out on Wednesday, I stayed Tuesday night through this morning with my friend Eric. He just took a job at a start-up company in LA, so I got to see his lab in an incubator building at UCLA. I loved the brick buildings at UCLA, so I am definitely considering applying there. Northern California was my first choice, so I could attend Berkeley for my postdoc, but I really liked LA (surprisingly!). Plus, Eric and our other friend live only 20 mins apart; so if I moved to LA, I would be close to people I already know AND it would be closer to my BFF Heather, who lives in Oceanside. However things end up, I'll be applying at a variety of places in California. My main objective is to be in Cali. :) This photo was taken at O'Hara's (the bar formerly known as Maloney's), solely to make our other friend Ryan jealous that he wasn't in Cali with us.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment