Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mofo #4 - The Vegan Joint in Culver City (Los Angeles), CA


Photobucket

I did not find The Vegan Joint in my pre-trip Google search, but it was within walking distance of my friend's house. I was ecstatic that the menu had a lot of Thai-inspired dishes. I decided to order the shiitake curry (mixed the brown rice into the dish) and red velvet cupcakes for dessert. I loved the hint of heat, the velvety texture of coconut milk, and the big chunks of tofu. Nom nom nom. The cupcakes weren't as light and fluffy as my favorite recipe (using 1/3 cup oil + 1/3 cup apple sauce), plus they had been in a chilled case so that made the frosting less creamy than if they were stored at room temperature. Overall, a solid meal, a diverse menu, and decent prices.


Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment