Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas

As usual, we started Christmas with a brunch for my grandpa's wife. She didn't cry, but she looked pretty darn close by the end of the meal. I felt bad for her, but we couldn't even cheer her up with gifts since we don't exchange gifts at brunch. My aunt who hosts these events is a vegetarian, so she tries to make the effort to include vegan items for me. She had the tofu and red potato with miso gravy dish for Thanksgiving. For Christmas, she had pumpkin waffles and roasted winter vegetables. Both recipes are from Vegan with a Vengeance. The waffles reminded me of the pumpkin donuts I made at Thanksgiving. Yum! For dinner, I had a Tofurky Roast, mashed potatoes, and sauteed zucchini and squash.

Photobucket


As a Christmas present, our goats had babies. Two were born last Wednesday (top photo) and one was born yesterday. The others were born a few months ago (bottom photo).

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment