Thursday, December 29, 2011

Lunch Date with Mom

I adore my mom. She is my rock and I can't imagine my life without her. I love getting to spend time with her. Although I've been home for a bit, I did volunteer work before the funeral and felt crappy for a couple days after the funeral. We've only really been doing fun stuff this week. We went out for a lunch date on Tuesday at the Whole Foods in Tampa. She had a turkey sandwich and soup, whereas I had tofu tacos from the hot bar. The taco seasoning was similar to the seasoning from their seitan/tvp fajita casserole thing. I topped my tofu tacos with avocado spread (with lemon to prevent browning) and lettuce. I made a little side of wild rice with corn and black beans from the salad bar. No real veggies in this meal. Whoops. I also saw that there were donuts, but no new varieties, so I selected a chocolate raspberry cake slice and a giant carrot cake cupcake. The selection of vegan desserts was way better at this store than the one in Palm Beach Gardens.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also bought some groceries - pizza crust, pizza sauce, sliced olives, Yves pepperoni, and Daiya cheese for pizza; Soy Whip for the fresh Plant City strawberries we bought at the produce stand; and some Field Roast sausages.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment