Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cafe Gratitude - San Francisco, CA

I heard that Cafe Gratitude was the "quintessential Berkeley hippie experience" from some of the group members I met, so I knew I had to try it. It was a toss up between Cafe Gratitude and Herbivore for my lunch on my free morning. A friend with a gluten-free partner also suggested Cafe Gratitude on facebook. I had read very good reviews of the "pizza" at Cafe Gratitude, so I picked Cafe Gratitude. The food is named in affirmations, so I ordered the "I Am Beautiful" shake [orange creamsicle milkshake with vanilla ice cream and fresh pressed orange juice], the "I Am Hearty" pizza [deep-dish pizza with sun-dried tomato marinara, pesto, olive tapenade, Brazil nut Parmesan and ricotta cheese on our live onion sunflower pizza crust], the "I Am Joy" truffle ["rawmond joy" - sweet coconut filling with two live almonds in a chocolate shell], and the "I Am Cherished" cheesecake. Yum! The location I went to in SF was pretty mellow at lunchtime, so I sat at the bar by myself and watched the other customers. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment