Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jerky & Pesto

Jerky & pesto - not an intuitive combination. I made the tofu jerky and spinach pesto from Hearty Vegan Meals for Monster Appetites. The tofu jerky recipe suggested serving the jerky on a crusty bun with the spinach pesto. I decided to do that, but with regular ol' sandwich buns. The pesto contains spinach, basil, and almonds (not pine nuts!). It was a tasty combination! I made these yesterday, but forgot to snap a photo. When I had the leftovers today, I was at work so the photo is from my iPhone. I would recommend this and can see myself making the pesto for a pasta dish in the future. I kept the olive oil to 1/4 cup, the minimum suggested, to keep this from becoming an oily mess. I thought 1/2 cup, the maximum suggested, would be too oily for me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment