Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Nachos

After LSU had such a rough loss in the BCS National Championship game last night, I decided to make something simple for dinner tonight. I didn't get much sleep because it was a late night and the cats woke me up several times. I had some Tostitos Scoops left from last night, so I decided to use those instead of taco shells. The taco filling is made of TVP and the recipe is from American Vegan Kitchen. I used the Scoop to get a little taco filling in the scoop, then added a few shreds of Daiya cheese and chopped romaine lettuce. It was quite good, but it's definitely easier to overeat with the Scoops compared to taco shells.

Photobucket


I had a pleasant day today. Biked to work, then came home early to go to the gym (since I was concerned if I could work out and bike this morning). The bike ride was super easy, thankfully, so I'm excited to get back on my bike. It's been 6 or 8 weeks since I rode it last and I really enjoy it. All of the newly poured sidewalks are open between my house and my job, so it's a smooth 5 mile ride now. I also got to talk to a friend over email about our shared anxiety of deciding our futures. We're graduating around the same time, so it's nice to have someone that can relate to the stress of making decisions that are going to affect the rest of your life! I'm having a huge inner debate about what to do if I have to pick between a city that I'd love and the lab with the most potential for my career path. I'm not even through my first interview and I'm already panicking about what if my favorite lab isn't in my favorite city. Seriously, one step at time, lady. On top of that already pleasant day, I received a phone call from a friend who has decided to attend an Al-Anon meeting. As the child of an alcoholic, I know all about Al-Anon and AA. I'm really happy for my friend who is trying to work through various issues that are affecting decision-making and emotional state. It's not an easy step to reach out for help, so I'm glad this person felt comfortable enough to share this with me. Just a good day to know that I've got quality friends that do care about me and know that I am there for them when they need it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment