Monday, January 16, 2012

Sweet Potato Falafel

I printed out this sweet potato falafel recipe a long time ago, but hadn't made it yet. That's a little surprising given my love of falafel (see this link for a post of all my falafel recipes for Mofo V). I've been reading the Diet, Desserts, & Dogs blog for a long time, but never made any of her recipes. She has a lot of issues with systemic Candida yeast infections, so she doesn't cook with sugar or gluten. I decided to try one of her recipes, since she gets a lot of praise on the blog circuit. Instead of serving these baked falafel patties in a pita pocket, I served them on top of a salad (romaine lettuce, red onion, cucumbers, a few Kalamata olives). I wish I had some cherry tomatoes and shredded carrots to add to the salad.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment