Monday, March 26, 2012

Last Week's Runs

Taking today off from exercising, but I had some pretty good outdoor runs this last week. Tryin' to change it up from just the gym. I did some weight training at home after some of these runs, like shoulders and legs, using the dumbbells I have at home. It was nice to have my running partner say he thought our pace was a little faster on Sunday, plus we were able to chat through most of the run. Usually, we quit talking about half-way because we're focused on the run. He was recently out of the country, so we had a lot to catch up on during the run and at dinner afterwards. Overall, a decent week last week. This week will be a little different, because I have my thesis defense on Thursday. I plan to only work out for 3 days this week, instead of 5. I haven't been sleeping particularly well, which makes morning work outs more difficult. That should change once the defense is over. :)

Tuesday - 3.1 miles in 30 mins + shoulder exercises
Friday - 3.1 miles in 35 mins (felt like I was running through quicksand, just not feelin' it)
Saturday - 2.9 miles in 29 mins, then walked 1 mile (was lost in my neighborhood, now I know where to go on a new route!) + leg exercises
Sunday - 3 miles in ?? mins (no timer - he guessed we were running an 8:45 min/mile pace, but I'd say a 9:15 or 9:30.)

No comments:

Post a Comment