Friday, March 16, 2012

Vegan Nutella

I submitted the final draft of my thesis to my committee yesterday, so I used today as a personal day. I went to the gym, ran some errands, cleaned house, did laundry, and did some research on Crossfit. My morning juice must have been spiked with crazy yesterday, because I agreed to join Cristin at her Crossfit class tomorrow morning. She has written great things about it on her blog, plus my friend Sarah raved about it all the time when she was going. It gets results and promotes confidence. They're focused on strong and healthy, which is a nice change from the shallow bullshit in the media. I hope I don't injure or embarrass myself. I think it looks like fun (although the challenge might kill me!) and I've been thinking that it might be a great way to meet people when I move later this year (for a postdoc position at some undetermined university...). Now that I'm not tied to my work computer, I can finally take a few minutes and update this blog. :)

I found Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter at Target last weekend. I went to return some tights that didn't quite fit (weren't long enough) and picked up a few grocery items, so I wouldn't have to go to multiple stores. My friend had posted an amazing photo of a waffle slathered in the Justin's hazelnut butter on fb earlier in the week. I wanted to try it, so I grabbed one of the single serve packets to try. It was different, but delicious. I might buy a big jar in the future, because I've seen some awesome recipes with Nutella on Pinterest.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on submitting your thesis!! That is very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was such a relief! My slides for my defense are ready, but I need to practice them and make a poster for a conference next week. I defend on March 29th.

    ReplyDelete