Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sandwiches

I had some of the tempeh bacon left from brinner, so I thought it would be nice to make a BLT. I never used to eat BLTs as an omnivore because I hate raw tomatoes. I would just have a BL sandwich. I decided that I'd need to find a way to cook the tomatoes to include them in my sandwich. I decided to roast them in the oven and followed the guidelines on David Lebowitz's site. When the tomatoes were cool enough to handle, I made my sandwich - toasted wheat bread, sliced avocado (yum!), tempeh bacon, roasted tomatoes, and lettuce. I served the sandwich with mini pretzels and a spoonful of dark chocolate peanut butter. I was really pleased with the sandwich, and was glad that I added some avocado. Avocados are one of my obsessions right now since they're so cheap. Because I rearranged my dinners during the week, I had a sandwich for dinner too. I made oyster mushroom sandwiches. It was a good way to use some of the ingredients left from lunch, as well as an onion and bell pepper languishing in the fridge. The oyster mushrooms were very good, but be careful of the amount of lemon juice used. It's a very noticeable taste in the final product.

IMG_0199

IMG_0200-1

IMG_0213

No comments:

Post a Comment