Thursday, September 20, 2012

Chimichurri Tacos

I'm sure you can already guess that this is a Chloe's Kitchen recipe. I told you that I was going to cook my way through the book this month. :) These are the chimichurri tacos. Chimichurri is a green sauce popular on the west coast. It has lime juice, salt, cumin, cilantro, parsley, agave, and olive oil. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup oil, but I used just 1/4 cup. I thought it tasted very good and honestly I think you probably skip the oil all together if you wanted. Once you make the sauce, you mix some of it into the black bean and mushroom mixture. I dumped all of the sauce in there, which is why I think you can omit the oil. The olive oil doesn't really add that much flavor compared to the lime juice, salt, and cumin. I also skipped adding salt to the tomato-onion rice, since my vegetable broth already has salt in it. I'd probably use salt-free/low-sodium broth in the future, since the rice seemed a little saltier than I would have expected. Anyways, these were a nice dinner. From cooking the beans myself, I had an extra bit of beans that I used with the last portion of rice and tortillas. Just wish I had enough avocado for 3 meals.
IMG_0260_1
Oh yeah, Trader Joe's is opening its first store in Houston tomorrow! I'll have to check it out this weekend and blog about my finds! I'm looking forward to browsing the store, it's housed in an old movie theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment