Sunday, September 23, 2012

Spaghetti Bolognese

It is so nice to have a bolognese sauce that isn't made with fake meat crumbles or lentils. Not hating on lentils, but this sauce provides a lot more flavor than lentils. This sauce makes A LOT, since it's designed to go with one pound of pasta. The recipe is from Chloe's Kitchen. I didn't even realize that I missed the 1/2 cup flour called for in the recipe, but the sauce is so thick already that it doesn't seem really necessary. I decided to make the marinara recipe in the book, instead of using a jarred sauce. The depth of flavor comes from walnuts, red beans, and mushrooms. There's also a little brown sugar and soy milk to cut the acidity of the tomatoes. Since I made the sauce, I used a food processor to finely chop the mirepoix. Trader Joe's had mirepoix cut in chunks, but I decided to do the chopping myself since I wasn't sure when I would make this recipe. I know this isn't the best photo, but take my word that this sauce is tasty!
hioh8

No comments:

Post a Comment