Friday, October 12, 2012

MoFo #12: Seitan & Bok Choy with Hoisin Sauce

This recipe for seitan and bok choy with hoisin sauce is from Vegan Planet. The recipe calls for 12 oz seitan, so I decided to use a baked seitan recipe from FatFreeVegan. Since the seitan recipe includes peanut butter, I used the spicy peanut butter lurking in my pantry. I used 1/4 cup hoisin sauce with some splashes of water to lightly coat the seitan chunks, instead of the 1/2 cup sauce called for in the recipe. My only concern is that this recipe says it will serve 4, but it only calls for 12 oz seitan and 4 baby bok choy bunches. I used 6 bunches that I bought at the farmers' market last weekend and split this into 2 dinner portions. I served this with a little rice to round out the meal. I don't see 4 people getting full off a serving of 3 oz seitan and a single bunch of bok choy. I sprinkled on some sesame seeds to make it pretty.
IMG_0326 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment