Tuesday, October 2, 2012

MoFo #2 - Cashew Alfredo

If you go back through the last month's posts, you'll see that I am in love with Chloe's Kitchen. I've made 7 recipes from the book so far and they've all been great. I have several more recipes selected from the book for MoFo, so be warned. ;) This cashew-based alfredo is so creamy and much simpler than some of the other vegan alfredo recipes I've tried. (Like this one, which is also delicious but a little more work.) I soaked my cashews for a day or two, since I do not yet own a Vitamix. Even my $30 blender can get the cashew sauce pretty smooth within a few minutes. I added peas and Italian tofu to the pasta dish for veggies and protein. I can't say enough good things about Isa's tofu marinades from Vegan with a Vengeance. The Italian and Asian marinades are my go-to for recipes like this where I think tofu would be a great addition.
IMG_0263 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment