Tuesday, October 23, 2012

MoFo #23: Pumpkin & Butternut Squash Stew

I decided to toil away peeling and dicing a little pie pumpkin and a butternut squash this weekend. Don't ask me why I'd find that an enjoyable way to spend an evening... This recipe is from Vegan Fire & Spice. The recipe calls for 2 lbs of pumpkin and the author's notes mention that other fall squashes could work. I decided to just get one pumpkin and one squash to use. I also used 4 jalapenos with the seeds, instead of 2 hotter chiles. I cooked my red beans in the slow cooker and then made this stew. It simmered on the stove while I did some dishes and other chores. I served this with some Trader Joe's crescent rolls. The rolls were hard to get out the tube, but they tasted fine with a sprinkle of garlic powder on them.
IMG_0365_zpsbf438436 IMG_0364_zps5a996f6a Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment