Monday, December 3, 2012

Enchilada Casserole

I've tried making this casserole once before (here), but it wasn't quite right. I decided to give the recipe another try. I crisped my corn tortillas in the oven while the beans were cooking. I used Isa's no-fat refried beans from Appetite for Reduction, black beans, peppers, corn, tomatoes, and onion. I sauteed the vegetables so they wouldn't have so much moisture to make the tortillas soggy. I skipped the salsa layer, but did make the linked enchilada sauce to put on the top. It was much better this time.
IMG_0460-2 IMG_0463


A piece of the ceiling at work fell into my labmate's chair last week during the Thanksgiving holiday. The contractors worked this weekend to repair it. I decided that it was a sign to take the weekend off work. I met up with a friend for rock climbing for a few hours and ran a 5k in about 30 mins (my first race!) on Saturday, and went to a friend's to hang out and have pumpkin cheesecake on Sunday. I also took some of her rejuvalec to start my contribution to our Artisan Vegan Cheese party. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment