Friday, January 4, 2013

Holiday Baking

I packed my Kitchenaid stand mixer for my trip home for the holidays. It's totally normal to travel 1000 miles with a mixer, baking supplies, and kitchen tools, right? :)

Gingerbread cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World for an early Xmas dinner w/ the family. Got rave reviews from the people who were willing to eat them.

IMG_0517

Eggnog cupcakes from Robin Robertson's blog for Xmas dinner w/ the family. I used the rum extract, so I had to add a little plain soy milk to the frosting.

IMG_0531-2

Cinnamon rolls from Chloe's Kitchen for Xmas brunch w/ the family. These were well received! They do have 12 TABLESPOONS of Earth Balance though. I used a warm towel out of the dryer to cover these to encourage them to rise.

IMG_0529-2

Double Chocolate Brownie Bites from Chloe's Kitchen for my dad, whose sweet tooth is actually worse than mine.

IMG_0520

Chocolate-covered cherry cookies from One Green Planet for my mom. I used pitted sour cherries in a can from Whole Foods, since the morello cherries listed in the recipe are a type of sour cherry. The recipe makes way too much chocolate sauce.

IMG_0588

White chocolate from Bittersweet blog with chopped craisins and raw almonds (1/2 cup of each) for my best friend. She loved them!

IMG_0522

Rice krispie treats from Olives for Dinner blog for me & my mom to share. I made frosting using Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter according to the peanut butter frosting recipe in Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World (omitted the molasses though).

IMG_0518

Chocolate chip cookies from Vegan with a Vengeance - didn't remember to take a photo of these...

No comments:

Post a Comment