Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chickpea Tacos

I did not go grocery shopping for the week's dinners over the weekend. *gasp* On Monday, I got off the shuttle and walked to the grocery store. Since Monday was one of those draining, boring days at work, I decided to buy some Gardein tenders and thick cut sweet potato fries for dinner. I had every intention of serving them with frozen broccoli (a staple food at my house!). Instead, I bought a box of Back to Nature chocolate chunk cookies. While I was at the grocery store, I figured I should get food to make dinner the other nights of the work week. I decided to make chickpea tacos! I had dried chickpeas in the pantry and a lone onion in the fridge, so I needed shells and produce. I bought three colors of bell peppers, two jalapenos, three small avocados (one per meal), and a bag of shredded lettuce (judge away!). I cooked the chickpeas in the Crock Pot while I was at work, then came home to saute the veggies and warm the shells. I used this recipe for homemade taco seasoning. I didn't use as much salt as listed, instead I used ~1/2 Tbs iodized sea salt. Yum! These will be delicious leftovers!
 photo db5cc6d6-c99e-4672-a743-099853289af3_zps3a84ca21.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment