Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Homemade Pizza

Miss Adie is recovering from her surgery, so it's time to start blogging again. While I was home with her all day after bringing her home from the vet, I decided to make pizza from scratch. I used the dough and sauce recipes from Vegan with a Vengeance. I topped it with some Daiya mozzarella shreds, Phoney Baloney coconut bacon, Kalamata olives, sauteed onions, and sauteed mushrooms. I loved it! The dough recipe makes enough for 2 thin crust pizzas with a 14" diameter. I didn't get mine quite that big, but they were still delicious. The sauce recipes make enough for 4 pizzas, so I froze the unused half in 1 Tbs aliquots in a silicone ice cube tray. You only need 1/3 cup sauce per pizza to prevent the dough from getting soggy.
 photo f09ecdbb-3ee7-46d3-953e-6c7f871cf33a_zps8e3d7421.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment