Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pancakes & Waffles

Every so often, I want breakfast foods for dinner. I've recently tried two new recipes. The waffle recipe is very basic. I used a 50/50 split of all purpose and whole wheat pastry flours, so I skipped the xantham gum. I added a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of cinnamon. This recipe yields 2 waffles in my waffle iron, a hand-me-down from my sister. I always use a little Earth Balance and real maple syrup on my waffles and pancakes. I served these with some fruit and a protein smoothie.
 photo 368e8ab6-17f9-45d3-884d-f4fcd1778215_zps7f246a4a.jpg
The other day, I made the pancake recipe from Chloe's Kitchen. The recipe is for blueberry pancakes! I've never liked blueberry pancakes, but I was willing to try this recipe since the photo looked so good. These were tasty and fluffy, but I'm unsure if I would use blueberries in my pancakes again. The pancake itself was delicious, but I'm weird about fruit in pancakes. I love that this recipe makes just 4 pancakes, perfect for a single gal like me. I was able to keep 2 as leftovers for another meal. I served the pancakes with tofu scramble and soy yogurt. The tofu scramble had carrots, orange bell pepper, baby bella mushrooms, jalapeno, onion, and garlic.
 photo 9494ac28-602b-4eca-b6d0-fcd815b41994_zpsa33f8cff.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment