Monday, May 13, 2013

Southern Food

After this weekend's vegan potluck, I went to a friend's place. He's growing a garden in his backyard. He offered to cut some leaves off his giant collard plants for anyone that wanted them. I took a giant bag, they were free! I sauteed some onion and garlic, then tossed in chopped collards and let them cook down. When I made my bowl, I sprinkled a little coconut bacon on top. I made cornbread using the simple recipe in Quick & Easy Vegan Comfort Food, adding in some green bell pepper, poblano pepper, and jalapeno pepper. The peppers were starting to look really sad in the fridge. I served these with BBQ tofu, using the shortcut to BBQ sauce in this recipe. I buy that brand BBQ sauce all the time, so this was super convenient. I made more BBQ tofu tonight for this week's kickball nights, except I used a homemade BBQ recipe from Quick & Easy Vegan Comfort Food.
 photo 5d737a93-e633-4def-a6f3-88681d1eb2a8_zps660f50e9.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment