Sunday, June 2, 2013

Lasagna with Homemade Marinara

I had some leftover Daiya cheese from the chili cheese dogs, so I decided to make lasagna. The marinara and lasagna recipes are from Yellow Rose Recipes, but the book isn't in print anymore. The sauce was pretty simple and I let it simmer for a while so it would be thick. I used more spinach than the recipe called for, because I didn't know what to do with half a bag of leftover spinach. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the leftover arugula! I added a little bit of nutritional yeast to the tofu ricotta, but I think I could have seasoned it a little more. Overall, this was OK, but it does take a little time to prepare everything. I ate half the pan for dinner tonight, so it was tasty but I should have started prep earlier.
 photo cf6578ae-e0af-4a61-ae0e-9f4c561b52df_zps5c422827.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment