Friday, September 20, 2013

Vegan MoFo #20: #tacocleanse

I couldn't participate in Vegan MoFo without doing #tacocleanse - duh! This brilliant cleanse is focused completely on tacos, not burritos, not nachos, just tacos. Taco Cleanse is organized by a group of Austin bloggers. Of course Austinites would focus an entire month on tacos! I didn't want to eat tacos for an entire month, but I figured one meal of tacos would be nice. I made plans to have lunch with my old labmates. We went to Chipotle since it's in the med center. I always order a burrito, so this was the first time I had ever ordered tacos at Chipotle. I filled my corn tortillas with white cilantro-lime rice, black beans, fajita veggies, hot salsa, corn salsa, guacamole, and lettuce. I had some chips and hot salsa too. Chipotle has announced that they plan to sell the roasted tofu sofritas nationwide, but the tofu isn't available in Texas yet. I also noticed the location we went to in the med center did not have the little asterisk next to the pinto beans to note that they were cooked with bacon. I saw on Twitter that Chipotle is releasing pork-free beans nationwide soon too!
 photo 7021ca7d-61a4-4dec-b515-5c203919ee51_zps91313cdd.jpg  photo 400x84_g1_zps3b85a5a4.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment