Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Field of Greens - Upper Kirby, Houston, TX

I was totally carb-loaded for the protest, but I knew I should eat something for dinner before hibernating. I didn't want to wake up in the middle of the night, so I went to Field of Greens in my pajamas for dinner. The Vegan Houston fb page had a post of the BBQ sandwich there and it looked good. Dinner decision made! I actually ran into two people I know, who were nice enough to let me sit with them. They've worked for various animal rights groups and the guy has toured with his hardcore band. Really cool people. Sometimes I wish I had done something like that, some meaningful volunteer work or travel, before I committed to this career path. I thought this sandwich was pretty tasty with layers of seitan and crispy fries. I should go to this spot more often since it's pretty close.
 photo 4e6423de-95e3-4f98-9b31-029ac53a8360_zpsbb358c43.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment