Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pasta & Teese Casserole

I had a bunch of produce in the fridge. I had originally planned to make a lasagna, but that sounded like a lot of work one night after work. I decided to make a pasta casserole instead. I made the spicy marinara sauce from Isa Does It, sauteed some onion, zucchini, and squash, and cooked the pasta. When each component was done, I mixed them all together, then poured them into a casserole dish, and covered it with a layer of Teese mozzarella (or buy here). I bought the Teese at Texas Veggie Fair in October, it was technically expired, but it was still fine. I tasted it raw and it was OK, but it melted well on the casserole in a 400*F degree oven for maybe 10-15 minutes. It did firm up quickly though. It was a good choice, but I still like Daiya a little bit better. After eating so many Girl Scout cookies, pizza, and dining out, it felt good to eat something homemade with lots of veggies.
 photo 96a83388-e07f-4d04-a10b-6eb86947738c_zpsb4dd26d3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment