Sunday, June 15, 2014

Quick Chili Dogs

I was home on bereavement and I really wanted to make something fun while my friend visited my house. We always laugh and goof off, which was something I really needed at the time. I thought chili dogs would knock her socks off. I made a quick chili using canned beans, canned tomatoes, and some basic spices (chili powder, cumin, garlic powder). I let that simmer on the stovetop while the grilled warmed up. We threw the jumbo veggie dogs on the grill and a few vegan burgers for good measure. We assembled our lunch and sprinkled on Daiya cheese. I cut up some fresh watermelon too! My friend was content with the vegan food! She eats a lot of meat, but said she's been eating less as her sister cooks smaller portions. Small victory, right?
 photo 2f4c7f3a-4b10-422a-9298-680bd996e747_zpsf896ce93.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment